Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rye Coalition

Rye Coalition
Romancing The Italian Horn (off the Karp/Rye split 12", Troubleman Unlimited 1995)

Rye have a bad reputation in Europe, and I don't know a lot about it to be honest. All I know is that I've met them when they played the EKH-squat here in Vienna and I did an interview with them for the lovely Cracked-Zine. They were pretty damn sweet and a lovely bunch.

Here's a song off an insanely good record, perhaps one of the best examples of mid-90s emo. Real emo. Fuck Shit Up emo. Long songs emo. Short songs emo. Bassline emo. Get that 12" or the subsequent re-release on CD, which features more tracks, I believe.

Anyway, both Karp and Rye were amazing bands. Rye are still going strong today, and not too bad at that, actually. I like em then, I like em now.



Rye Coalition - Romancing The Italian Horn

2 Comments:

Blogger Georg Cracked said...

Damn right you are, Rye Coalition were cool. I haven't heard anything from them in years, though...

16/4/07 08:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That record is/was so damn good. Some of the best songs by both bands.

16/4/07 22:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home